Mission: The NEPA Rainbow Alliance provides education, support, and advocacy for LGBTQIA individuals and families while working to advance fairness and equality.
Vision: We envision a future where all people in Northeastern Pennsylvania can live openly and free from fear; where individuals, organizations, and businesses work collaboratively to provide an equal, inclusive community; and where we celebrate and nurture our diversity. To work towards this future we will educate and empower our volunteers to create strategic, peer-driven, sustainable programming overseen by strengthened volunteer leadership.
Follow us on Facebook to learn about events and programs!
4 MAJOR Announcements were made at the Listening Tour Wrap Party on Friday, May 13, 2016:
1) New logo! We are so excited to start rebranding ourselves and representing ourselves to all elements of the LGBTQIA community. We revealed a terrific new logo that is already appearing on our Facebook page and our Twitter feed (@neparainbow1). We are reworking our website, too, and the new logo will be added.
2) Pridefest 2016! Pridefest will be held on Friday, August 5, 2016 from 5pm to 10pm at Montage Mountain Water Park. We will have exclusive use of most of the water facility, the lodge and the bar. This will be family friendly and open up to our vendors from past years.
3) New LGBT Center! We just signed a lease on a new facility in Pittston, 'the center of everything'. The new facility will have 3000 square feet for events and activities.
4) New Programs! Last year, we spent lots of time meeting with members of the LGBT community and researching what YOUR needs and wants ARE. In addition to our existing programs of Book Club, Adult Discussion Group, Aduld Transgender Group, Parents of Trans Children Group, we are so pleased to be able to roll out a lot of new programs for the community. We have a new hiking group, called Kinky Boots, a Faith meeting, Adult Discussion Group, Teen Transgender Group, Outdoor Adventures, Restaurant Hop, Youth Programs, Kickball tournament and more! You can find these groups on our calendar page. PLEASE RSVP!!!
If you want to volunteer to lead one of these groups or have more ideas, please email us at email@example.com.
WE HEARD YOU! In 2015, we embarked on a Listening Tour with the LBGTQI community all around NEPA. We have listened and heard you.
We are pleased to invite you to the Listening Tour Wrap Party!
Friday, May 13, 2016
- All ages
- Cash Bar
- Raffle Prizes- GRAND PRIZE: 2 tickets to Kinky Boots in NYC!!! (must register to attend and be present to win)
3 BIG announcements will be made at the event! We want you to be there! Please join us!!!!!
PLUS- Many new programs to share with you and your loved ones.
Please register by using this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nepa-rainbow-alliance-listening-tour-wrap-party-tickets-25036375473
Carl Halkyer, Board Co-Chair went to Harrisburg on March 22, 2016 as part of PRIDE Day in Harrisburg. Along with leaders of other LGBT Centers around the state, Carl met with Ted Martin, Executive Director of Equality Pennsylvnia, Dr. Rachel Levine, Physician General of Pennsylvania, and our state representatives and senators to talk about issues facing LGBTQIA people in our state. This is part of the Rainbow Alliance's commitment to help create a future where all people in NEPA can live openly and free from fear.
Nepa Rainbow Alliance | PO Box 1032 | Pittston, PA 18640 | 570-972-2523